Help her unleash her inner leader. Check out ways to volunteer.
Prepare her for a lifetime of leadership, and be the mentor she needs.
As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined. They’ll each find their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader)™ after all!
Embark on an extraordinary journey of leadership!
Want to Start a Troop?
You’ll be their cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping them develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine the smiles, the excitement, the memories made—those are the moments you’ll share at Girl Scouts. We'll provide training and support all along the way, so you're not on your own in forming and leading your troop.
To start a new troop, you'll need to:
1. Become a member of Girl Scouts. Membership costs $25 per year.
2. Register as a volunteer and complete a background check for an additional $4 dollar cost.
3. Complete the required training, which includes an online orientation. When you register and choose the option to be a leader, you will receive the training information from GSSA. Additional training is available along the way. If you haven't received the training information, please email our customer care team.
4. Recruit more leaders. You'll want at least two people on your leadership team and the more the merrier!
5. Recruit girls! Contact us if you want us to host a Parent Information Night in your school or find girls looking for a troop.