Trainings and Support
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Volunteer Toolkit User Guides
Now - Sept 2021 - FA/CPR Certification Mobile Area
Now - Sept 2021 - FA/CPR Certification Montgomery Area
Now - Sept 2021 - FA/CPR Certification Wiregrass Area
Oct 3 - USA Archery Certification at Scoutshire Woods
Oct 3 - Zip Line Certification at Kamp Kiwanis
Oct 3 - GSSA Canoe Training at Kamp Kiwanis
Oct 6 - NASP Archery Certification
Oct 10 - Zip Line Certification at Scoutshire Woods
Oct 10 - GSSA Canoe Training at Scoutshire Woods
Oct 17 - USA Archery Certification at Kamp Kiwanis
Nov 7 - USA Archery Certification at Humming Hills
Nov 7 - Zip Line Certification at Humming Hills