- Be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, and be a registered Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador.
- Complete 2 Senior or Ambassador Journeys or one Journey if the Girl Scout Silver Award was earned as a Cadette.
- Attend a GSSA GoGold Workshop (required!). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a workshop. Girls should attend this workshop as soon as possible after they begin 9th grade. Troop leaders are required to attend with the girls, and parents are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Submit What Do You Think Form to GSSA (suggested, not required).
Gold Award Take Action Project
- Project can benefit Girl Scouts with prior council approval.
- Project is individually girl-led.
- Suggested minimum time for completing the project is 80 hours per girl.
- Do you have sponsors? Use this form so expectations are understood.
- Fundraisers may be held to support your project. All fundraisers must be approved by the council in advance. See the Money Earning Application form for more information.
- Girl Scouts cannot raise money to be donated to another organization.