Let’s Get Started!
Girls must be in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade, and be a registered Girl Scout Cadette. The deadline for Silver Award final reports is September 30 as girls enter 9th grade.
- Complete a Cadette Journey and Journey Project before beginning the Silver Award Project.
- Each girl should complete her own Silver Award Notification Form. Troop leaders can collect and submit forms for the entire group.
- Complete the Silver Award Take Action Project.
- The Silver Award Project can now benefit Girl Scouts with prior approval from council.
- The Silver Award Project can be done with a troop or group, or alone.
- The suggested minimum time for completing the project is 50 hours per girl.
- Do you have sponsors? Use this form so expectations are understood.
- Fundraisers may be held to support your project, and all fundraisers must be approved by the council in advance. See the Money Earning Application form for more information.
- Girl Scouts cannot raise money to be donated to another organization.
- Each girl must complete the Silver Award Report with the project log. Questions must be answered by each girl in her own words and in her own handwriting. Typed forms will not be accepted.
Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed or mailed to the Mobile Service Center, or dropped off at either office.
Final Reports are reviewed by council staff. The troop leader will be notified when the project is approved and pins may be purchased. The council will provide a certificate for each girl, available when needed. Certificates will be requested from the Governor and the Secretary of State for each girl, ordered in May and in October. Final reports received after May 1 or October 1 will be held for the next batch order.