Let’s Get Started!
Girls must be in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade, and be a registered Girl Scout Cadette. The deadline for Silver Award final reports is September 30 as girls enter 9th grade.
- Complete a Cadette Journey and Journey Project before beginning the Silver Award Project.
- Download the Silver Award Notification and Report Forms.
- Each girl should submit her own Silver Award Notification Form to the council.
- Complete the Silver Award Take Action Project.
- The Silver Award Project cannot benefit Girl Scouts, it must benefit the community.
- The Silver Award Project can be done with a troop or group, or alone.
- The suggested minimum time for completing the project is 50 hours per girl.
- Do you have sponsors? Use this form so expectations are understood.
- Fundraisers may be held to support your project, and all fundraisers must be approved by the council in advance. See the Money Earning Application form for more information.
- Girl Scouts cannot raise money to be donated to another organization.
- Each girl must submit the Silver Award Report Form with the project log. Questions must be answered by each girl in her own words and in her own handwriting. Typed forms will not be accepted.
All forms should be faxed, emailed, or mailed to Jeannie Napper at the Mobile Service Center. You may also drop the forms off at either office, with attention to Jeannie Napper.
Final Reports are reviewed by council staff. The troop leader will be notified when the project is approved and pins may be purchased. The council will provide a certificate for each girl, available when needed. Certificates will be requested from the Governor and the Secretary of State for each girl, ordered in May and in October. Final reports received after May 1 or October 1 will be held for the next batch order.