We've been hearing and seeing troops in the media getting the word out about the Girl Scout Cookie Sale -- great job! When dealing with the media there are some key talking points for Cookie Season that we want to make sure are heard. Please refer to the document Cookie Talking Points for 2013 to help you "hit the highlights" when talking to the media.
Here are some key points:
- Booth Sales are from February 1 to March 3
- National Girl Scout Cookie Day is February 8
- Girl Scouts develop 5 essential skills- Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills and Business Ethics
- The public can go to www.girlscoutscookies.org or download the iPhone or Android Cookie App locator to find a booth sale near them
- There are 8 different flavors to buy for $3.50 each, with the Thin Mint ranking #1 nationally, beating out the Oreo.
Please contact Director of PR and Marketing, Meghan Cochrane, at 800-239-6636 ext 2907 or at firstname.lastname@example.org any time you will be featured on TV or Radio. We love to hear about good press!