It's that time of year again for destinations! Check out the 2011 destinations.
· Explore It! Your Guide to Girl Scout destinations a resource for girls filled with tips on applying for destinations.
· Girl Scout destinations can whisk you to the far corners of the world where you will meet remarkable girls, develop leadership skills, gain confidence, and enjoy valuable learning opportunities. Read Explore Your World (PDF) and learn about all the fun and exciting experience these Girl Scouts had on their destinations trip.
· Got the travel bug? You're in the right place. The Global Travel Toolkit consists of four exciting resources to prepare you for international travel.
2011 destinations timeline:
November 15: Applications due in council office: 3483 Springhill Av. Mobile, AL 36608; firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Mary Anne Brutkiewicz (extension 1202) for further information.
· Thanksgiving: All applications are in route to event sponsors from the applicants' home councils
· Dec. 1: All "early" applications received by event sponsors
· Jan. 14: All applicants notified of their status for "early" applications
· Feb. 1: All deposits holding a participants' spot are due to event sponsors for "early" applications
· Feb. 16: "Late" applications received by event sponsors
Girls can apply up to 4 destinations. Application process - fill out a Girl Scout application with 2 letters of recommendations. You can use the same letters of recommendation for additional destinations that you apply for.