Most of you have worked with a Girl Scout Field Executive at some point in your volunteer career. Judging by the number of questions we receive, I would venture to guess you may not know what these ladies do every day. Let me share what you can expect from your Field Executive:
1. First and foremost, she recruits girls to be Girl Scouts and adults to be troop leaders. She does this by scheduling roundups, Girl Scout nights and other fun events.
2. She coordinates new leader trainings with staff and volunteer trainers.
3. She attends many, but not all, service unit meetings. Field Executives have up to nine different service units and as many as seven counties.
4. She supports new leaders/troops by answering questions and offering guidance.
5. She cultivates relationships with key leaders in her community.
As you can see, the Field Executives are very busy, but we are always happy to help!
Lindsey S. Milam
Director of Membership Development