Who needs to be approved?


Adults must be approved in order to:

        Transport Girl Scouts in a vehicle

        Serve as a Chaperone

        Attend an overnight event (this includes camping) with the girls

        Handle troop or service area money


 To be approved, an adult must:

·         REGISTER to be a member of Girl Scouts and complete the GSUSA membership form and submits the $10 annual membership fee to the council.

(The fee goes up to $12 in 2009-2010)


·         COMPLETE the Adult Volunteer Application, which includes the:

        Authorization to Release Information Form

        Adult Volunteer Application

        Driving Record Request form


These forms must be returned at least four weeks prior to an event for the council to complete the approval process. The Driving Record Request form is needed only if you will be transporting girls.



  • © 2006-2014 Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama, Inc. 1-800-239-6636. All Rights Reserved.

  • Join us on: