Adults must be approved in order to:
• Transport Girl Scouts in a vehicle
• Serve as a Chaperone
• Attend an overnight event (this includes camping) with the girls
• Handle troop or service area money
To be approved, an adult must:
· REGISTER to be a member of Girl Scouts and complete the GSUSA membership form and submits the $10 annual membership fee to the council.
(The fee goes up to $12 in 2009-2010)
· COMPLETE the Adult Volunteer Application, which includes the:
• Authorization to Release Information Form
• Adult Volunteer Application
• Driving Record Request form
These forms must be returned at least four weeks prior to an event for the council to complete the approval process. The Driving Record Request form is needed only if you will be transporting girls.