The America's Junior Miss (AJM) Program and Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama are expanding the Be Your Best Self Program nationwide and are piloting the program throughout the entire council. The Be Your Best Self patch program is designed to encourage Girl Scouts to be their best selves through such tenants as a healthy lifestyle, service to the community and goal setting. Girl Scouts may partner with the Junior Miss contestants in their community and become involved in the program. The patch requirements are available in the patch book http://www.girlscoutssa.org/forms/Program/patch_book.pdf).
Troops that are located in or close to Mobile (or don't mind traveling) are invited to adopt a Junior Miss. Troops provide the council with their top three state choices for selection purposes on the Event Registration form. The deadline to register is April 1. Once the troop and the AJM are matched, they may begin to exchange letters, e-mails and pictures. The troop will then be invited to participate in the festivities:
· May 18 -troops receive bios and picturess of their AJM.
· June 15-troops welcome AJM's to Mobile at the Arrival Ceremony at the Airport.
· June 20-troops attend Meet and Greet at Bel Air Mall.
· June 22--Girl Scouts have supper and enjoy a Bay Bears baseball game. Troops will be invited to attend at a special price of $5 (for Girl Scouts and leaders) which includes the game and supper. Troops and Junior Misses will participate in the Field Parade, have supper together, autograph pillow cases, and enjoy the game together. Troops will sing " Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch.
· June 24-Troops attend the AJM Community Night Show. Troops and leaders receive complimentary tickets. Tagalongs are $5.
Troops need to be able to attend most of the festivities in order to participate. Please contact Mary Anne Brutkiewicz (email@example.com or 251.344.3330, ext: 1202) at the Mobile Service Center if you have questions.