Girl Scout Seniors in Grades 9-10 are invited to participate in an online art show for the months of March and April 2010. Girls will be able to share their artistic visions through painting, sculpture, video or another medium they choose and then share it with others across the country through an online art show. This is open to Girl Scouts nationwide but there are a few entry guidelines and rules:
· Must have parental permission
· Girls are asked to submit their art project (or a photo of their project) and permission slip via the internet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Entries will be accepted via the internet from February 15, 2010 - April 15, 2010.
· Entries should contain artist's first name, last name initial, grade, plus city and state. Entries may include a project title and brief description
o Example: Jennifer G., Grade 10, Knoxville, TN.
· Entries will be posted online at http://www.flickr.com/photos/GSGirltopia during the months of March & April 2010. Girls will receive a guest pass (via e-mail) to attend the art show on or after March 1, 2009. All guest passes will expire on April 30, 2009.
· For privacy reasons, artwork will NOT be down-loadable or printable and will only be viewable by a guest pass to the site.
· For privacy reasons, all photo comments should be sent via the internet by e-mailing email@example.com; they will be posted by the administrator.
· Videos are acceptable under the following guidelines:
o 90 second limit and under 500MB in size and acceptable formats include: AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG (1,2 and 4) or 3gP
This event is sponsored by the Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians and created by former Girl Scout, Jennifer Glaab, of Knoxville Tenn.